- Join the General Dynamics team, be part of a global aerospace and defence company
- Opportunities in defence systems sustainment
- Be involved in the AUKUS Alliance
- Enjoy work flexibility, exciting new projects and a culture that embraces diversity
From Gulfstream business jets and combat vehicles, to nuclear-powered submarines and communications systems, people around the world depend on General Dynamics for their safety and security. Our core competency is the design, engineering and manufacturing of complex and differentiated products and services.
In Australia, GDLS-A works closely with Defence and industrial partners to ensure our combat vehicles continue to meet mission requirements through life. With the largest ever AUS-US FMS Army project now approved and progressing towards delivery, GDLS-A has new opportunities to develop your career to the next level.
We are currently recruiting for a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to join our team in Edinburgh at the RAAF Base Edinburgh.
In this role you will:
- Work as part of a GDLS-A team alongside Army maintenance staff on an Army base
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance repairs, technical inspections, and problem solving on combat vehicles
- Support Army on domestic training exercises (may require some travel)
- Receive training on GDLS military & OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) products, if required
- Diesel or Heavy Vehicle Trade Certificate 3 qualifications
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Combat vehicle maintenance experience within either Defence or Industry
- Training exercise, field exercise and deployment experience is desirable
- Capacity and availability to undertake travel potentially up to 3 week durations
- Tracked Military Vehicle Systems Maintainer qualifications would be an advantage
- The ability to gain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance is essential
Ex-Defence Force Personnel and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.